Caring for your Table Top Autoclave is very important and can be easily overlooked. We often see this step neglected which can cause high and frequent repair costs. A lack of maintenance will also lead to deterioration and excessive wear of the contents being sterilized. Let go over a few points to make caring for your autoclave or steam sterilizer easier for you.
1) It is very important that the contents being sterilized are clean and free from debris, blood and organic tissue. Otherwise the instruments or sterilizer may become damaged.
2) Inspect the door gasket of table top autoclave for excessive wear or cracking. The gasket and mating surface should be cleaned with a mild detergent and using a cloth or sponge.
3) When running a sterilization cycle it is very important to not overload the sterilizer trays because it will cause inadequate sterilization and drying.
1) Keeping your Table top autoclave clean is one of the most important points. Be sure to clean the trays and rack with a Non-Scratch Scour Pad using a mild non-abrasive detergent. Always rinse the instrument well and be sure to NOT USE steel wool, wire brush, or bleach.
2) Completely drain the water from the reservoir and replenish with fresh distilled water.
1) Clean the chamber and flush lines of table top autoclave using the recommended autoclave cleaner following the cleaner’s instructions. Normally you will need 2 gallons of distilled water to complete this job.
2) Inspect the cord and plug for overheating and excessive wear—this could be a fire hazard. If this is the case, the power cord should be replaced. Some power cords are quick disconnect and easily replaced. If not, the replacement will need to be done by a certified repair company.
On a yearly basis you should have your table top autoclave inspected, cleaned thoroughly, tested and calibrated by autoclave technicians.
More products information about sterilization, please refer: http://www.autoclavesale.com/